Sunday, September 18, 2016

sm-n920t relocking via modem

OK, this is going to sound weird but here goes. I know generally that once a phone is unlocked.. it stays that way. This is the first time I've ever experienced anything quite like this. I purchased a n920t used and unlocked.. once I tried the note 7 port, found bugs with different services crashing like "enhanced features".. I went to flash the n7 rom after a wipe. Didn't like that so decided to flash back the stock image.. the phone restarted saying it was Sim locked and to use the silly t-mobile app to u lock it. Well I'm in Canada, won't unlock or even try via WiFi and you must have a connection to their data network to try.. purchased a remote unlock service.. unlocked no problem. Played around trying to debug the note 7 port and tried a couple of older rom ports for the phone and relocated again. After I spoke with the tech that was unlocking my phone AGAIN.. he said that the new "remote unlocking" type phones unlock via the modem... long story short.. you have to be very careful that you don't load a locked or blocked modem via rom image or you will wind up relocking your phone.. at least that's been my experience. Of anyone else has had this type of problem with the new style of unlocking.. please chime in.. I would love to know how deep this problem goes and if this is going to be an ongoing problem if modem change is necessary.

Albear


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2ciLjHy
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment