Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Wifi MAC Address changes on every reboot - H90120j

Hi guys,

I have Tmobile LG V10 H90120j which its Wifi MAC address changes on every reboot.

Long story:
It was originally Lollipop, I updated to stock MM v20e then v20j. It was still OK after that.
Then I tried to root it using tungkick's method. However, the bad luck began, I forgot to change the Process to Upgrade instead of Refurbish when upgrade the TOT file. The phone bootloop to TWRP after that. Big thanks to tungkick, he helped recover it.

I realized that from then the Wifi MAC address keeps changing on every reboot. The phone also cannot automatically get APNs from provider (I have to manually add them).
The really bad problem is the MAC issue. Only registered devices can connect to my home and my company Wifi networks. I can temporarily workaround by manually changing MAC address on rooted ROM after every reboot, but it's not an actual fix.

Factory Reset or Restoring to stock v20j can't help.

I did some search and found that some others also had the issue. Some said this method also can fix it: youtube . com /watch?v=8ejnFB5i5o8
But I can't see any nvram folder in my device.

Anyone has any ideas about fixing this, please help :(
Thanks.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cA09oa
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment