Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Won't boot after Flashfire backup.

I just tried out using Flashfire to create a backup of my phone before attempting to flash a ROM. In the instruction set, I selected a FULL backup, and the next instruction was a reboot. I thought there would be no harm in that. I was wrong. Flashfire appeared to complete the backup (saved to external SD card). Then when the phone went to reboot I get the Samsung Custom screen, followed by the red Verizon screen. That's when things go south. I get a black screen with message boxes appearing saying "Unfotunately, ________ has stopped." It proceeds to pop up messages going through all sorts of apps that stopped working (ei Setting, Fitbit, S Voice, Google Play Store, Video Player etc etc). I can select either Report, or Ok on some of the boxes. Some of them, I only have the option to select Ok. I tried letting it run for a while (30 - 40 minutes) to see if it would eventually get up and running. No luck.

I have tried booting an NC5 tar file from ODIN to get out of this as this has always worked for me in the past when I get stuck on things. I get the same behavior as described above unfortunately.

Can anyone help??


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2d8duX8
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment