Monday, September 26, 2016

Recovery mode seems to clobber the USB driver on Windows 10

Similar questions to this have been asked before but got no replies so, in desparation, am asking again.

Bought my phone second hand. On starting, it shows the Vodafone logo so assume it's branded.
About Phone -> Software Information shows:
Android Version: 2.3.5
HTC Sense version: 3.0
Software number: 2.10.161.5
HBOOT shows:
*** UNLOCKED ***
SAGA PUT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-2.00.0002
Now for the problem:
I'm trying to set S-OFF and root the phone but my PC, running Windows 10, is unable to communicate with the phone when it's in Recovery mode.
The entry for My HTC under Android USB Devices in Device Manager disappears once I start the phone in Recovery mode and connect it to my PC via a USB cable.

At this point Device manager on my PC shows under USB Controllers an entry for an unknown USB Device (Device failed enumeration) and the Hardware Ids show as USB\UNKNOWN.

I'd really appreciate someone familiar with this area throwing some light on what could be going on here and perhaps giving me some pointers on how to resolve this.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cQXGXe
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment