Monday, September 26, 2016

Why is Whatsapp using so much internal memory with useless files and enormous logs?

Hello everyone!
While I was cleaning my internal memory deleting cache and some app data, I found that almost 30% of my 2gb dedicated app memory has been used by Whatsapp (≈640MB)
This doesn't include Media files on SD CARD (1,3GB)
Sooo, I started to think about it.
It's true that I have so many conversations stored, but god damn it 640MB?

So I opened the Root File Explorer and start digging inside data/data/com.whatsapp
Inside /databases/ I found a strange file apart from the actual message database which is about 282MB.
It was called "msgstore.db_new" (140MB) and it was unmodified since April.

I moved it to the SD card and Whatsapp still works perfectly fine with all my conversations available, so what the **** is that file supposed to do?
Also, I found a tmp log file (90MB) that contains MORE THAN 30k pages of log and almost 7M words . WHY is this so neccesary so it's stored in the internal files and not on cache!?
Sometimes at some pages it includes the package name of all my installed apps (maybe whatsapp collects info about everyone's installed apps??) and also contains info about all my numbers and names.
A single second of time can stand for more than 30 pages of log.

I don't understand what is going on.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2d54Bxo
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment