Tuesday, September 27, 2016

My Opinion: M vs N as of September 2016

Hi everyone,

Now that N is underway you might be wondering whether or not you should switch from M and I'm here to help you with that. Do keep in mind that I recommend everyone try everything for themselves. I'm just leaving my thoughts here to aid the undecided.

Should I drop CM 13 for 14?

Yes! Please do. Unless you use CMTE, I see no reason to not switch to CM 14. It's maturing at a really fast rate and is ready to be used as a daily driver in my experience. It's great for the majority of you. I recommend giving F-AOSP a shot too while you're at it considering the amount of time that went into getting it to work, and the simplicity of AOSP.

What if I'm using Sultans build/Sultanized RR?

I would stay honestly. His kernel is awesome, he's quick to fix things, and delivers a ROM in an entirely different league. Besides AOSPA and Citrus, it is the only ROM for the OnePlus X that is truly complete CAF right now, and it's great.

What if I don't like CM/AOSP?

We'll firstly, your a moron as every ROM ever uses them as a base. Secondly, stick to M if you need features. Most ROMs are going to be similar at this point if they're N based. Give them time to adopt features.

What if I work for the government?

And you bought an Onyx? Your an idiot. GTFO. Restore to stock lol. But seriously, a bug is expected here and there....

My recommendation

I switch ROMs incredibly frequently. I flash what I feel like. You have to try everything in order to find out for yourself however I can say without a doubt that...p

The winner, for me, is Cardinal AOSP

EVERYTHING is done subtly and really well. It's based on AOSP OMS and adds a lot of stuff that is cleverly put into place. It doesn't feel cluttered and it runs amazingly. Stick to the M builds for now as they are a proper representation of what @rohitporoli and Adarsh can accomplish. It's the pinnacle of what's been done, and I can't say that for most ROMs here. Citrus is their CAF counterpart with CMTE and it's great as well.

Honorable mentions

Zephyr by Sarthak Narang
Tesla/Tipsy/Validus by Martin Coulon
Exodus by RajaM
Dirty Unicorns by Rohit and Vatsal maintains his own with Tipsy trees instead of CM ones

PS

Use whatever build of CM 14 you feel like using. I used Sarthaks for testing personally, and it's held up well. Fabio did an excellent job on F-AOSP too, and Cardinal will take a while to be ready for prime time, but they'll get there!

Thanks for reading everyone, and as usual, enjoy!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cA0fMu
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment