Monday, September 26, 2016

[GUIDE] Use Gesture Controls to avoid having to use Physical Buttons

If you're like me and you don't really like the soft-keys, you should also like this workaround. So I absolutely dislike having to press the physical home button especially since I'm coming from a history of Nexus devices and the fact that it throws off the balance of the device annoys me. (Yes, I know it's an extremely shallow problem haha)

My workaround was to use on-screen buttons. However, the screen is already 5 inches so I didn't want to use any screen real estate for buttons. Came across an app called All-In-One Gestures that lets you create gesture actions. If it's something that sounds interesting to you, you should give it a try as it makes navigating much more intuitive (opinion, of course).

My setup is currently a swipe up from the bottom of the screen in the middle for home, swipe diagonally from the left edge for back, and swipe diagonally from the right for multitasking. So if I'm using it left handed, a swipe will go back and a touch of the closest button will be multitasking, and if I'm using it right handed, a swipe will open the multitasking tray while a touch to the closest button will go back. It's proven really efficient for me!



from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2dxNp6x
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment