Tuesday, September 27, 2016

No 3G/MMS on SPH-L710 (Sprint GS3) - Running CM11/CWM

First, I don't know much about custom ROMs or root processes in general. I rooted the phone myself, and installed the recovery/flashed the ROMs, but my knowledge is one step above basic, if that.

A couple of weeks ago I stopped being able to send MMS. I simply dealt with it. I don't send a whole lot of pictures. I finally called Sprint yesterday to address the issue, and the wizard on the other side of the line did some sort of magical spell which caused (I think, could've been coincidence) my 3G connection to stop functioning as well after a few reboots.

This is a Samsung Galaxy S3 for the Sprint network. I am currently running CyanogenMod 11 (AV 4.4.4) and have ClockWorkMod installed as my recovery. Fixes I have tried so far include:

- Reflashing all my ROMs
- Updating CM11
- Flashing CM12.1 instead of CM11
- Multiple hard/soft reboots
- TouchWiz MMS Fix
- FreedomPop APN adjustment

Nothing has worked so far. I am at the point where I am about to just purchase a new phone. If it matters, the verdict on the phone with Sprint was to take it to a store, which I did, but when they crack open an AOSP it seems they have no idea what they're doing.

Please help.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cA5EmC
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment