Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Samsung Protection Plus. Note 7 ineligible device?

Here's the thing, I want to get rid of my and my wife's ugly screen protectors and only use our covers. We did this with the Note 4 and haven't seen a scratch in the years we owned them.. but, with the scary reports about the Gorilla Glass used on the N7, I'm wondering if this is such a good idea without insurance (considering our N4s did drop from time to time and have minor damage (scratches) on the sides).

I was thinking of going with Samsung Protection Plus, which seems like a decent option (especially compared to AT&Ts overly expensive insurance - which is totally pointless with the high cost and high deductible IMHO), Samsung offers $129 for two year insurance and a doable deductible. Going to their page: http://ift.tt/1jrZOHf shows the Note 7 is supposed eligible. But when you click the button to go to the next page, the Note 7 isn't listed anymore. If I then enter my IMEI and run the check, it states that my device isn't eligible. Kind of curious considering it was purchased through AT&T and it is a device not affected by the recall (it's one of the replacements), so logically I'd think it should be eligible.

So I'm wondering, did anyone here get insured through Samsung at all? If not, could you see what the IMEI check does with you, see if you're eligible or ineligible... I'm wondering if it is just a few people who have this or if Samsung is actively blocking Note 7s from their insurance as a result of their recall.

Thanks in advance!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2czZQtE
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment