Sunday, September 25, 2016

"No DRK" and "dm-verity" issues, most likely tripped KNOX....

Hey guys,
I've had this phone for a while; bootloader unlock/rooted a few months ago without any issues. I'm looking to sell the phone, and wanted to restore everything back to stock:
So I ODIN'd to stock CPF3. I noticed that the phone was suspiciously laggy, and found out that it's caused by spyware left behind by KingRoot, and is fixable by clearing the EFS folder from root.
So I went back to BPA1, unlcocked BL/rooted, and deleted everything from the efs folder. After reboot, phone was running good as new without any hitches.
The issue arised when I tried to ODIN flash the CPF3 full firmware provided by hsbadr. ODIN would go fine, but when the phone would reboot into the recovery, I'd get a dead Android bot saying "DRK is not installed. Please install DRK" or something along those lines. I ignored it, and the phone booted with no issues.
When I tried to factory reset from within the OS, however, I'd face the DRK and dm-verity verification failure when the phone would boot into the recovery, and it would'nt continue with the factory reset.
Now alarmed, I backed down to BPA1, and when the phone would boot back into recovery after a successful ODIN flash, the process would restart the phone when the progress bar would hit ~1/3 of completion (this happens in the recovery).
Rebooting into the recovery would show an orange "dm-verity failed," and when I try to OTA to CPD1 via external sd, It gives the "cannot update from external sd" error.
Googling the DRK keyword showed that it is KNOX being tripped that caused the issue. So far, neither Google nor the xda-forums have showed how to fix the issue on the 910-V.
I really want to restore the phone to as close-to-factory as possible, and removing this DRK issue would be a great help. Any help is greatly appreciated.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2dcfHCW
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment