Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Horrible Battery Performance After Installing ROMS and ROOTING

Just as it says in the title i am experiencing horrible battery performance on my HTC ONE (M8) ever since i rooted and custom rommed my phone along with other small bugs i noticed. I am currently running the latest DIRTY UNICORNS for the android 6.0 update. Though this was not my first ROM used. Not i will get out of the way that my charging port is very poor quality due to being abused for a while. (Laying in bed with the charging cable and port recieving light pressure while i browse pictures for hours on end.) Anyways. I was charging my phone it being at 34% yesterday and i made sure not to touch it and the little charging light was on indicating charge the entire time while the phone was TURNED OFF. Now at this time I had finished trying out a dozen different roms and was full charging the phone. When i picked up the device about an hour and a half later expecting a full charge it you wont believe me. The phone displayed 17% and was still charging. I was shocked. I figured it was some fluke and left it to charge more. After all i'd installed roms and maybe it'd affected the % reading. I went to pick it up later and the phone was fully dead. but the indicator said 0% and was charging. Now i knew 2 days ago my battery was pristine before rooting my device and before trying out roms. Is it possible i tried a dirty rom that hijacked my phone while it was "Off" ? I have no clue. I know my battery was pristine because on a 1.5A plug my phone would 0-100 in under 2 hours. This is the most of the information i have for you. Again i have no idea what's causing this issue.

Another issue i am having is since i rooted and tried custom roms my LED light on the front of my phone got IIIINNNNCCRREEEdibly dim. It has to be pitch black for you to even see the glow from it. Along with the issue stated above my phone cant seem to charge more than about 35%~ and it takes so long per % i swear i could leave it plugged in WHILE TURNED OFF and it would never reach 100% until the day i keel over and die. Note all battery tests were while the phone was off. Whenever i turn the phone on the % is always different from the on screen while off. (it use to be the same, maybe the ROM messes with that?) Any advice or assistance is greatly appreciated. I already am saving up for maintenance on the charging port.

An additional issue I am facing is the fact even with minimalist android 6.0 my HTC ONE M8 is incredibly slow. As in there is absolutely no apps running or installed with this test. But i tried 1 single game and while on a normal HTC update for 6.0 and the game ran smooth with no lag. So what gives? I thought a minimalist android rom would give my phone a power boost with all the bloatware and applications removed.

I began typing this message at 5:45pm MST my time. It's now 5:55pm MST and my phone managed to go from 0%-2%. Now obviosuly anyone whos owned an HTC ONE M8 on the correct charger this thing really charges so what gives?

Yes i am making sure the ROMS i used were compatible with my HTC being on the carier of AT&T. Any and all assistance in my troubles is greatly greatly appreciated. I really hope you can help me with my issue.


**Edit:: Also my Megabits Per Second on wifi greatly decreased. I on the regular android 6.0 by HTC for AT&T was getting 250-300 Mbps. Now i get 130-180. If there's a comment or fix for this i'd also like to know.

****Secondary Edit: When i installed the A ROM(unknown i tried too many) a while back my phone freaked out on install and the charging animation on the front of my phone went from the normal android 6.0 to the old old HTC charging animation for android 4.4. When the phone goes to display charging it shows that new charging icon with the ghastly red text on bottom from rooting/ROMS(You know what i mean haha) and then it switched to an animation of old. Idk how a rom might have changed this i did not.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2dpTXoM
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment