Saturday, September 24, 2016

Note 5 abruptly stopped charging, wireless works

As with other similar posts, I seem to be having USB issues. Neither charging cables nor OTG show any signs of functionality. Wireless charging, however, does seem to be working but I must keep my phone out of its case. Just like the others, I saw a few persistent popups from Samsung VR to take a little tour, and twice I went back to what I was doing. Hadnt seen it since, then all of a sudden while connected to a normal note 3 charger, it began to rapidly switch between charging and disconnected. Unprovoked of course, and when I went to inspect and reinsert the cable, it began again after 2 or 3 minutes. I unplugged it, promptly tested with the original charger and had no luck. Then on to many more cables and charging bricks, laptop ports and such.. no action. Tried OTG flash drive, nothing. Last ditch effort, tried wireless charging with the phone off and its working. Has any headway been made in this issue? It seems software related, and at the very least carriers could acknowledge it if so. I am not under warranty, and this is an incredible loss for me as it effectively neuters my cell phone. I need to charge while out and about to run my business and wireless isnt very portable... Please help XDA


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2d9Odh9
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment