Saturday, September 24, 2016

Root Kenzo with Locked Bootloader MIUI 8 LL

I'm going to be receiving a new RN3 SD in a couple of days. Since I ordered from Banggood I'm expecting to receive it with a spammed ROM and am planning to flash it immediately via EDL with the latest MIUI 8 stable ROM. Since it might take a while to get unlock permission and to make the unlocker work, I'd like to know if the following method will work to root the phone and install Xposed with a locked boot loader:

1. Boot phone into fastboot.
2. Temporarily boot TWRP recovery via fastboot command..
3. Flash Supersu.zip and Xposed with TWRP.
4. Reboot phone normally.

Since Android LL doesn't use a hash of /system to check for tampering, I was hoping tis would work.

Thanks.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2d9Uqtn
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment