Friday, September 2, 2016

[Q] Building AOSP from source to D5106. Is it possible?

Hey guys,
I have a Xperia T3 (D5106), and I followed the step by step process on Sony's developer website to build the Lollipop for it, and managed to build it. However, it seems that the build is specific to D5103, and when I flashed it to my phone, it bricked (bootloop). I had the original TFT so I could get it back up, so no harm done so far.

I took a look at Sony's White Paper, and it seems their hardware are very similar (Processor, GPU, etc). The only actual difference is the support for 4G on D5106.

My question is, is it possible to build the AOSP from source to my model (D5106)? What sort of modifications would involve it? I'm OK with losing a few things, like camera or even the 4G/3G (this is a Dev Phone, so it doesn't really matter).

Also, due to the high similarity, should it have at least worked (I mean, at least boot, even if some things didn't work later on)? So it would mean my build is buggy and worth another shot.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bQTDeq
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment