Sunday, September 18, 2016

Problems with Play Store, Downloads, and Media Storage after downgrading to KK

I've been fed up with the poor battery life on Lollipop and Marshmallow, so I decided to downgrade my Z3c to KitKat. I did it "by the book," using Flashtool to downgrade (I checked both boxes to wipe everything in Flashtool), giefroot, dual recovery, etc. I installed a prerooted zip of 23.0.1.A.5.77 and then flashed RICdefeat and a mod specifically designed for 23.0.1.A.5.77 so I could have Xloud. Both the prerooted firmware and the mod are from XDA. So far so good. I had root and recovery working perfectly, and I started downloading my apps from the Play Store.

Everything looked great until I tried to access the Play store after the first reboot. The Installed Apps under the My Apps menu would not show up at all, and anything I tried to download would just hang at "download pending" and never make any progress. Furthermore I could not download anything from my browser (Chrome). And every time I tried to assign ringtones or notification sounds, Media Storage crashed. I did some searching and found that the Download Manager and Media Storage are somehow linked and seem to be the cause of this problem. Things went back to normal after I cleared the cache (or force closed if there was no clear cache option) from both of those in settings, but this does not persist after a reboot. So every time I reboot the phone, I have to go back and clear those manually, and then re-assign all of my custom sounds (ringtones, notifications, etc) due to media storage being cleared. Luckily I don't reboot all that often, but obviously this is not ideal.

I do have Xposed with a few modules (Gravitybox, Amplify, Greenify, etc.) installed, but this problem occurred before I even installed Xposed. I use Titanium Backup to freeze some of Sony's bloatware. Otherwise I'm basically stock with a locked bootloader, and I have plenty of free space on internal storage.

What is causing my download manager and media storage to keep messing things up, and is there a fix?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cUSmE5
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment