Friday, September 16, 2016

No ROM, No Recovery, Relocked, Tampered, Security Warning

I've been searching around for a solution to fix my device with all of my attempts failing. I have a HTC One M7 from Telus (Newfoundland, Canada) which is about 3 years old. It's in great condition and has been well taken care of. I had been using CM 12.1 and TWRP right up until a few days ago. My intentions were to bring my phone back to factory settings without any root capabilities as the newest update for Pokémon Go requires you to have an un-rooted device. Obviously my efforts to go back to factory settings were in vain as now my phone is basically one step away from being bricked. I can load up the bootloader just fine and acheive fastboot without any problems although anything beyond there fails everytime (ie. enter recovery mode).
I'm able to do stuff with it using ADB tools via my pc so not all hope is lost just yet. Could anyone provide step by step instructions on how to get the phone back to an untampered state as well as links to the files i'll need to do so? I have yet to find any ROM's for a TELUS M7 as well as the default recovery tools. I keep seeing links to utilities which apparently are a basic one-click-fix though none of them have worked thusfar (my most recent one is called "RUU_M7_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR_TELUS_WWE_4.19.661.8_R_R adio_4T.24.3218.09_10.26.1718.01L_release_351500_s igned_2.exe" which seems to work right up until it gets to the HEADER portion where it doesn't move past 5%)
I've since bought a new phone which is an extreme pain to use as, in my opinion, it's a huge downgrade from what i've been using (LG-K121)
Any and all help is muchly appreciated [:=


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2d6T2s8
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment