Sunday, September 18, 2016

Encryption

Hello,

I recently decided to look into encrypting my Nexus 4 running stock 5.1.1, but have a few questions before doing so.

I have a handful of modifications, including custom kernel, root, and xposed. Would any of these prevent me from encrypting my device, or cause problems afterwards?

I am planning on making a full twrp backup prior to the process, but if I encounter a problem during the encrypting process or realize that encryption isn't for me , will I be able to simply restore my nandroid and my device will restore without issue?

In order to reverse encryption, does the device need to be factory reset, or will just a restore reverse the encryption? If I made a nandroid backup while my device is encrypted and tried to restore it after my device is no longer encrypted would it restore without a problem, or would it restore the encryption with it?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to ensure my data stays protected during this process. Thanks in advance.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2ciRQSB
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment