Friday, September 23, 2016

My G3 won't boot all anymore help pls

So I've bricked my phone. And I can't make it work. Yesterday I finally had some time to thinker with the phone and decided to install Fulmics Rom 6.0. I had already downloaded it a while ago but first now had the time to install it. I made a post in the Fulmic's thread but with their new 6.5 fulmics just out, so my post got berried so quickly so I got no replies.

I started in TWRP with doing a backup, then a wipe and then started the install.
It seemed install was going fine, I even got the Fulmic's GUI midways and selected appropriate model, D855. I tried to keep things as vanilla as possible and chose to not uninstall anything and keep stock temperature throttle back.

But when the install completed I got one error: set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed

Phone wouldn't boot. I had however made a backup before I started and I was able to restore from backup from within TWRP.
Then phone booted and it seemed all was fine. But as I had my mind set on the Fulmics ROM I had one more go, just ti be sure I didn't mess up and chose something bad in the Fulmic install GUI. Also I did a wipe first, then I wiped the cache/dalvik as I once read that could make install easier. And result same as before. set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed.

Tried to reboot but I get flash screen with LG loge and powered by android on the bottom, and then when screen changes to only LG logo it gets stuck'd. No matter how long I wait, and I tried to wait for hours remembering wiping dalvik/cache makes boot take longer time. Stucked on the boot load. Notification light changes from green to blue. And the Lg logo is there.

Worst part is that now I can't even restore it to my backup from yesterday.

Here is my phone:

Lg G3 D855 16 GB 2 GB RAM
Android 6.0 stock LG update.
TWRP 3
Rooted

For now I would settle for a working phone. That is my main priority. Truth be told I got scared now and I don't know if I will take my chances putting a custom ROM onto the phone. After all my android 6 was working nicely, phone was rooted and adaway was working nicely. I guess I got greedy and wanted more :(


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2dqp0Qm
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment