Friday, September 23, 2016

Is there a fix for the FUBAR'ed S5 Screen Color issue?

I purchased this phone from T-Mobile when they were first released. It has been my hacking baby. I recently upgraded to the s7 edge (skipped the s6 bc no removable storage) and it got passed down to my 15 y/o niece, who lives with us, as do my mother and father (her legal guardians.) She really, *really* wanted the iPhone 6 Plus instead. In short order, my babied, perfectly tweaked, mint condition S5, was brought to my mother as being completely broken. Wouldn't turn on, black screen, nothing worked. So she got her iPhone 6 Plus and I have my old S5's corpse. The thing is, when I went to boot it to see how "broken" it was and if I could fix it, it booted just fine. The twist is the screen colors are all too cool (weirdly cool), and it goes black periodically until you flex it. I hooked it up to my laptop and Odin not only recognized it, but I was able to flash the last firmware tar I had. I'm guessing she bent it to get it to "break", which is why flexing it fixes the screen blacking out, but am clueless about the colors (was hoping the flash would fix it, but no.) Any ideas on the cause? Am I looking at replacing the entire lcd/touch/glass assembly, or is the motherboard now questionable because of the flexing issue?
I've attached a pic of what the phone colors look like with Odin on in the background. I'd love any suggestions!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: 081-20160904_233430.jpg Views: N/A Size: 227.5 KB ID: 3884342   Click image for larger version Name: 082-20160904_234646.jpg Views: N/A Size: 248.4 KB ID: 3884343  


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2dgAWAR
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment