Friday, September 23, 2016

Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Motherboard Replacement

Hi All,
My Samsung S4 died recently and it does not turn on anymore. I took it to a Samsung workshop and they told me the motherboard got fried and it needs to be replaced. However, they would charge me about $300 for the repair, which of course I find it to be a total robbery. I have decided to take a step forward and repair it myself, which I found to be quite easy (I have already removed the motherboard myself). I have searched for replacement motherboards on eBay and found some in China for about $50. My questions are:

1. Is the motherboard replacement a simple "plug & play" matter or does it need to be programmed?
2. Where is the most recommended place to buy a motherboard for that model?
3. Any other watchouts/recommendations you have for me before I go ahead and buy the replacement?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cTlLSu
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment