Thursday, September 1, 2016

FIX: Crackling static noise in headphones on CM13 Kenzo

Listening to music on my Redmi Note 3 Pro (Kenzo), I noticed a loud crackling static noise when I use my headphones on CM13 and related ROMs like Resurrection Remix. It's especially noticeable when a song starts to play. I didn't get this on MIUI 8.

To fix it, edit the following file: /system/etc/mixer_paths_wcd9326.xml. Please make a backup first.

Change these lines:
<ctl name="HPHL Volume" value="20" />
<ctl name="HPHR Volume" value="20" />

To this:
<ctl name="HPHL Volume" value="3" />
<ctl name="HPHR Volume" value="3" />

Delete these following lines:
<ctl name="COMP1 Switch" value="1" />
<ctl name="COMP2 Switch" value="1" />
<ctl name="COMP7 Switch" value="1" />
<ctl name="COMP8 Switch" value="1" />

Save the file and reboot. You'll need to increase headphone volume a lot more to match the same level as before but you'll get crystal clear sound. I'm using old Xiaomi Pistons and music sounds amazing now even using the basic CM AudioFX app.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bFK1qP
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment