Friday, September 2, 2016

Weird camera problem

My phone suddenly started having problems with the camera on my Nexus 5.

About two weeks ago I went to record a video of some cars at a show and I got an error message saying can't connect to camera. I did the usual quick fix stuff like clear the camera cache and even dalvik. Uninstalled the stock google camera app and tried many different versions without any solution to my can't connect to camera message.

I opened up the phone and unplugged all the ribbon cables and reseated. Still same problem. I disconnected the rear camera cable and booted phone. Now my google camera app works and defaults to the font camera - all OK. Replugged camera cable and same problem again.

I ordered a new camera module and have since fitted it. Same problem.

WTF!?

Aarrrggggg I love this love hate relationship I have with the Nexus line. I ALWAYS have some sort of failure on all my previous Nexus phones and now includes my 2nd Nexus 5. Haha

I don't under voltage or overclock. Stock kernel. Tried loads of popular ROMs that don't have this problem on other users phones.

I don't accept that both camera modules are dead. Guessing some sort of camera controller hardware at fault which would mean brand new mother PCB.

Before buying the Nexus 5X (I've still not learnt ha) can anyone think of anything to try?

Cheers :)



Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bQTbwN
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment