Monday, September 19, 2016

Samsung SGH-T599N (MetroPCS) Help Requested

So here's my situation. A long while ago (June 20 2014) I loaded up a custom CyanogenMod ROM onto my phone. I followed the instructions and I THINK I may have a backup somewhere that I made (on the phone itself) but I am unsure how to check on it.

That said, I've had issues with 'unlocking' my phone to use another carrier's SIM CARD. I tried the MetroPCS-provided ones and they didn't work so before I delay further I wanted to see if going back to MetroPCS-stock would work with the unlocking process.

So I want to go back to MetroPCS Stock and before I do I want to know what to do and how to do it. Old threads from other spots on the forum are either too confusing or conflicting.

-I have the Samsung Mobile Drivers installed
-I have Odin v3.04 on my Win7 x64 computer
-I need advice on how to proceed to get back to where I was before doing any custom ROM stuff and I want to know how to check if I already have a recovery somewhere on the phone itself. I'm afraid the original thread where I got the ROM has poofed (somehow?) so I'm not sure which recovery I have.
-I want to know if I can do a full backup of EVERYTHING that is on my phone now before I go back to MetroPCS-stock and then when I am done unlocking the phone I can revert back to what I have now. I just want a working phone before experimenting further with any newer ROMs or potentially bricking the phone.

MY INFO BELOW

CyanogenMod version: 11-20140620-UNOFFICIAL-codinalte
Android version: 4.4.4
Baseband Version: T599NUVAMD4
Kernel Version: 3.0.31 dadcup@ubuntu #1 Fri Jun 20 2014
Build date: Friday Jun 20 2014
Build number: cm_codinalte-userdebug 4.4.4 TRIANA0020140620 93400d2588 test-keys


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cDYCTY
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment