Thursday, September 1, 2016

[Q] Relocking Bootloader after installing Cyanogenmod?

Hey gang, trying to make sure I won't run into any nasty surprises before I attempt this, so;

I want to install the Unofficial Cyanogenmod ROM for the Mi 5, move away from Miui - but I also want to regain Android Pay functionality (and a few other apps I'd like to use that require a 'secure' device). For that, as far as I know, I need to relock the bootloader. So basically I'm looking to have my device that is:-

• Rooted
• Running custom ROM
• Custom recovery
• Locked Bootloader (or at least Android Pay functionality)

Installing the ROM and keeping the recovery updated and working isn't a problem, but I just want to make sure that I won't bugger something up when playing around with the bootloader. I've never had a device that's needed a bootloader unlock before, so I'm very tentative around the whole idea.

Is there anything that I need to know about relocking? Such as specific quirks with the device (I've read people have found themselves stuck in boot loops after locking) and if it's even possible to do so with a different ROM installed.

Thanks in advance! :D


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2c4D1Cd
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment