Monday, September 19, 2016

[Q] NFC failure to launch

Model: Xperia Z1 Compact (D5503)
Android: 5.1
Build: 14.6.A.1.236
Root Access: Yes

NTC Tag
Type: NTAG216 (888Bytes)

I have written an NFC tag as a WiFi connection tag with SSID and password.
The NFC tags works will with Samsung GS4 Android AOSP 7.0 and Xperia S AOSP 6.0
Both devices are prompted to connect to the WiFi SSID.
All good.

However, if I use a stock Xperia Z1C (Android 5.1.1) or Xperia M (Android 4.3) both just display a "New tag collected" message with:
application/vnd.wfa.wsc and do not connect/prompt to connect to the WiFi SSID.
This message is reported by tag.apk.
If I disable Tag.apk then I just get a "NFC read error" try again.

Any thoughts on why this is happening???

I have another Xperia M (C1905) and will flash it back to stock and test again, just in case I've delete a required app from /system/app


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cDcKde
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment