Saturday, September 17, 2016

Need help bringing my KF HD 8.9 back from the dead

I'm really hoping that someone here can help me. I'm using a Mac. I'm using a fastboot cable. I have a Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" (2nd Gen) (Model #: 3HT7G). One day I left it charging. I came home and found the screen was completely red. I restarted it by holding down the power button for 40 seconds. That brought it back to normal. I used it for a couple of weeks and now I can't get it out of the red screen.

I called Amazon and they won't help me because it's out of warranty. They want to sell me a new one at a discounted price. I can't get a new one because it can't be shipped outside of the US. I'm in Vietnam.

I want to unbrick it by installing CyanogenMod 12.1. I am following the steps on the CyanogenMod wiki for "jem".

I'm done with -
Step 1: Test your...
Step 2: Download the files...

When I get to Step 3 (Use fastboot to apply...), the first step is ok:
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash bootloader kfhd8-u-boot-prod-8.1.4.bin (see below for my Terminal window)

The screen on my Kindle changed. It says in yellow text "fastboot mode" with a blue arrow pointing down. In the upper left in white text it says "writing bootloader...done".

The next step (step 2) is NOT ok:
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery kfhd8-twrp-2.8.7.0-recovery.img

It just says:
sending 'recovery' (8173 KB)...

I waited for about 40 minutes and then it came back with:

ERROR: usb_read failed with status e00002ed
FAILED (status read failed (No such file or directory))

I'm a newbie and I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm just following the steps on the CyanogenMod wiki and praying that it will unbrick my Kindle Fire.

Here's my Terminal window:

Last login: Sat Sep 17 06:12:59 on console
Seans-MacBook-Pro:~ sean$ cd Desktop/android
Seans-MacBook-Pro:android sean$ ls
adb kfhd8-freedom-boot-8.4.6.img
cm-12 kfhd8-twrp-2.8.7.0-recovery.img
fastboot kfhd8-u-boot-prod-8.1.4.bin
Seans-MacBook-Pro:android sean$ fastboot -i 0x1949 flash bootloader kfhd8-u-boot-prod-8.1.4.bin
-bash: fastboot: command not found
Seans-MacBook-Pro:android sean$ ./fastboot -i 0x1949 flash bootloader kfhd8-u-boot-prod-8.1.4.bin
< waiting for device >
sending 'bootloader' (243 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.975s]
writing 'bootloader'...
OKAY [ 0.156s]
finished. total time: 1.131s
Seans-MacBook-Pro:android sean$ ./fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery kfhd8-twrp-2.8.7.0-recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (8173 KB)...


ERROR: usb_read failed with status e00002ed
FAILED (status read failed (No such file or directory))


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cm0FsZ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment