Saturday, September 24, 2016

MMS/Enhanced Messaging Problems

Hey all, I'm using a Galaxy S7 Edge (international ver, so G935F) on Android 6.0.1.

Recently I've been running into a few problems with my messaging app (texting in general, actually). More specifically, my MMS features seem to be acting up. I can't receive any group messages, and when people send me pictures through texting, I have to manually download them in order to see them. Downloading only works about half of the time. When it doesn't work, I'll get a message that says "Failed to download. Try again later."

After digging around a bit, I realized that my Enhanced Messaging setting was disabled. Whenever I try to turn it on, I get a loading wheel for about three seconds and a message pops up that says "Failed to enable Enhanced messaging. Check your network connection and try again." I distinctly remember it being enabled in the past, and I believe it was before I started having all these problems.

Anyway, I figured that some of my tampering to the phone may have negatively affected my messaging, so I went ahead and uninstalled my Xposed Framework. No luck, the problem still persisted. I even went as far as to flashing my stock firmware to unroot my phone, but I still cannot get my Enhanced Messaging to turn back on.

Anybody have any experience with this? I'm stuck in a rut here because group messaging is pretty important in my life :\


Thanks in advance!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2d9VvBB
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment