Saturday, September 3, 2016

Flash Stock Recovery Without Root Using ADB

Hey,

I'm kind of a newbie developer so please bear with me!

I have a WileyFox Storm, that runs Cyanogen OS 13 (kipper) as stock. A while back, I tried rooting it, and in the process installed TWRP Custom Recovery (which is a custom one made for the Storm). Well, the process of rooting didn't work (multiple times), so I gave up.

Right, it comes to today where my device can receive an OTA update. I pressed install, where it rebooted back into recovery. As it turns out, I forgot about the TWRP CR which was still there, thus, I could not update my device.

I now want a way to install the stock recovery (just the recovery), without having root access, and preferably without factory resetting my device (I have done this too many times and it just pisses me off!).

I assume I just install the .zip from CM's website, and side load the recovery.img using ADB but I simply do not know enough.

Please help, thank you!

:))


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2ciA1iT
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment