Thursday, September 1, 2016

Android Nougat and the Gear S2, does it work?

Hi all,

I wanted to let you guys know that the Gear S2 and Gear S2 Classic both work on Android 7.0 Nougat

I'm using a Oneplus One running 7.0.

The point I tried to connect the watch my phone denied it and told be connection couldn't be made.
After turning the Bluetooth on and off again I was able to connect my Gear S2 with my phone (Probably a ROM bug)

[Improvements]

Everything seems to work fine and I even saw improvements.
Since Android Nougat I am able to see pictures of whatsapp messages, I wasn't able to do that on Marshmallow.

[Bugs]

There is 1 bug, I'm not sure if it's my ROM or the compatibility.

When I browse through my quick launch apps I see the messaging app, the app to send and receive Sms with.
I never saw this app on Marshmallow and it worked!

The app isn't available in the application list, only in the quick launch widget.
Too bad, after adding the app the widget will reset itself or the messaging app disappear from the quick launch widget after a certain time.

You can re-add it and use it, it's just an annoying bug.

[So, does it work?]

Yes, The S2 as well as the apps you need (S health included) works fine, no problems at all so far.

And if I will find one, I will post it here.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: IMG_20160901_202841.jpg Views: N/A Size: 245.8 KB ID: 3861902   Click image for larger version Name: IMG_20160901_202829.jpg Views: N/A Size: 247.7 KB ID: 3861903   Click image for larger version Name: IMG_20160901_204227.jpg Views: N/A Size: 226.7 KB ID: 3861907  


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bW6Fci
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment