Monday, August 1, 2016

Play store stuck on 'download pending' : how to fix it/? [Sony Z3 KitKat]

I have a Sony Z3 dual sim (D6633) running stock KitKat, rooted. I am posting here, and not in Sony's forum, as I understand this is a generic issue which can happen to any phone, and is not Z3-specific.

I cannot download anything from the play store; the screen is always stuck at 'download pending'. I had this this morning, and deleted all data (settings -> app for google play services, google play, download manager, and download media). It worked this morning, but now I have the same problem and redoing those steps doesn't help. I do have internet access and have tried connected to 4G and to two separate wifi networks.

I did a factory reset of the phone just yesterday because of this issue + because some process was stuck in a loop and overheated my phone. I wouldn't want to reset the phone every day!

Any suggestions? What causes this and why?

Thanks!

PS Incidentally, this proves we don't need a new smartphone every 6 months - we just need smartphones which work and are stable. But this is not what the industry wants, of course.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2apWbkj
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment