Monday, August 29, 2016

Question regarding charging behavior on my SM-P905V

All,

I am a new owner of a used SM-P905V purchased on Amazon. It's a replacement for my old Note 10.1 2012 edition that died some time ago. I am curious as to what the expected behavior is with this tablet specifically pertaining to charging the device. The purchase didn't come with it's own charger so I have been using the Samsung adaptive fast charger that came with my Note 5 phone, the EP-TA20JWEUSTA model specifically. Now, my old tablet came with it's own proprietary charger and nothing I've found seems to indicate the Note Pro needs a proprietary charger.

So with the above in mind, I am trying to establish the known, expected behavior as it pertains to charging the device. I've observed that the battery will drain if I am using the tablet at anything greater than the halfway mark on the screen brightness slider but seemingly only if the device is below 100% charge when I start using it. It seems that if the device is at 100 full charge and plugged in, I can use it indefinitely while plugged in. Additionally, it seems to charge at a normal pace when it is sitting unused and plugged in.

So, is this what everyone's experience is in general? Would this indicate a need for a battery replacement? Is there a proprietary charger that would offer better charging rates? I have installed a charging monitor app and noticed that the output fluctuates greatly between 40ma and 1300ma when it's sitting idle and charging.

I have cleared the cache, which seemed to help but my expectation is that I should be able use this device while plugged in, regardless of activity/screen brightness and expect that it would charge the battery rather than drain it.

Device is full stock, unrooted.

Any insight is appreciated.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2c0u8I9
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment