Monday, August 29, 2016

TWRP partition...

So I forever bricked by Xperia X Performance because, apparently, that phone doesn't have a separate partition for recovery. When I restored my phone to a previous version, it just failed almost immediately. Thinking I just couldn't restore, I rebooted my phone. Bootloop.. Whoops, so it succeeded in wiping my phone, just not in restoring it. So I tried to boot into recovery. Nope, gone. Thinking back on it, I assume it failed to restore because I'd set my TWRP to store the backups on the internal memory card instead of my external SD card, but that's neither here nor there. My TWRP should've been on a separate partition so it didn't get wiped when restoring my phone.

So, does the S7 Edge likewise not have a separate recovery partition? Will I have to keep that in mind when dealing with TWRP in the future? From what I can remember, the Galaxy S series is supposed to have separate partitions for recovery, but I just wanted to make sure.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bvkujV
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment