Saturday, August 27, 2016

Root lost when updating firmware with flashfire!

Hey guys. I am using SM-G935FD indian version (INS). Yesterday i downloaded latest firmware (that samsung cloud) from sammobile.com. I tried updating the firmware with flashfire. I pressed flash firmware package and kept "recovery" (because i wanted to keep twrp) unticked. But after that phone goes into bootloop. Only recovery was accessible. Phone was not booting up.:confused:

But thank god all my data was saved.

Then i odin flash the firmware with only AP ticked and damn my root was lost. My data was still reserved. Only was root was lost.

1. so is there any way to retain root while updating firmware with flashfire or odin

And

2.is it necessary to wipe internal data while rooting the device (as flashing twrp with odin and then booting into twrp for first time requires formatting internal storage). I know it is necessary otherwise phobe wont boots up but I DONT WANT TO LOOSE MY DATA. SO JUST PLZ TELL ME THE WAY TO ROOT AGAIN WITHOUT WIPING DATA.


Sorry if this question has been asked before. And i know we should not post any repeated question. But trust me i read all threads before posting here.but i cant find any solution for it.


Thanking you for your kind cooperation and support.


Device:
S7 edge SM-G935FD INDIAN


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bIOkMC
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment