Friday, August 26, 2016

LG Spirit GPS Fix

Hello,
First of all, excuse me for my english.
I have fixed my GPS for my LG Spirit H440N. If don't know, this is a common problem to LG's users.

I just watched one video and one guide :

1) This helped me to see where connectors are GPS specifically for LG spirit (not the exactly cellphone, but the places are the same) . There are 3 connectors, with 2 pins each.

As I am a new user I cant post the link, but search in youtube: LG G3 Cobertura fix
From the user: Haun Fan

This man solved in another way , which is lifting the pins with pliers .
I found it very risky , so I choose another solution (2)

2) This guide shows how to open the cellphone and how to place small pieces of foil (aliminuim paper) in the connectors . ( 6 Total pieces )

As I am a new user I cant post the link, but search in google: Phone GPS repair site:instructables

The guide's cellphone only has 2 pins , do the same for the other 4
Be very patient to place the foil
Make sure to bend the aluminum pieces to have a relevant thickness to make contact

Once you have finished, download the app "GPS Essentials" and select: Sattelites, just go outdoors, and start rotating your phone. It took me like 20 seconds to find my position.
Pd: I dont know if it is neccesary, but in Settings > Location I have set Only GPS to make sure that it is working.

Also I would like to put some pictures to prove it works , but again, I cant post links
The site is Imgur, and add /a/sY4G8 to the link


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bV378S
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment