Thursday, July 28, 2016

Remix OS version 3.0.101 - boot from USB, Jide settings wizard not responding

So that is the message I get when I do get into android. Through searching the web I found a lot of messages related to Remix 2.X that has similar issues. After the boot, I see the screen asking me to specify a language, then it goes black (Safe mode shows "SAFE MODE" in the upper corner of the screen) . Ater waiting for over an hour, I came back and clicked the mouse a couple times, get a message that the settings wizard is not responding. I can wait or cancel. If I wait, I go back to black screen indefinitely. If I cancel; I am prompted to select a language again, then back to black screen.

I tried reformatting the USB again... Older versions of the remix tool specify the need for FAT formatting, so I made sure that was the case. Reinstalled the ISO and tried again. Same issue.

The machine in question is an older Toshiba laptop, 64bit. No security settings in BIOS, not specifications to switch between UEFI and legacy so I assume it is just legacy (CSM).

Any tips would be much appreciated, I was excited to get this thing running on my son's laptop to give him some diversification... :D


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aka1lM
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment