Friday, July 29, 2016

Problem while compiling recovery

So I just started developing a recovery for a phone that has no support from any other developers, and basically I need to do all the stuff from 0. I follow some guides, I read some forums on the internet and hope I can make it (it's my first time developing something for Android). But for now I have this problem and I can't find it anywhere along with the proper solution (maybe I haven't searched enough). Every time I type make recoveryimage in the terminal, it is working for like 30 seconds, and then a error like this appears:
Code:

target SharedLib: libc (/home/cosinus/Workspace/X3_Soul-CM12.1/out/target/product/X3_Soul/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libc_intermediates/LINKED/libc.so)
/home/cosinus/Workspace/X3_Soul-CM12.1/out/target/product/X3_Soul/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libc_common_intermediates/libc_common.a(gethnamaddr.o): error adding symbols: File in wrong format
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [/home/cosinus/Workspace/X3_Soul-CM12.1/out/target/product/X3_Soul/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libc_intermediates/LINKED/libc.so] Error 1

#### make failed to build some targets (01:02 (mm:ss)) ####

(In my noobness) I tried to delete all the files that generates the error, in this case, gethnamaddr.o, but there are too much files, and I don't even know why I need to delete every single file that ends with *.o extension and if it's a good solution. I saw that everytime I delete a file that returns an error, the file is generated again, but after it's generated, it won't return any error. So I tought that maybe the *.o files are corrupt, and "make" generates them correctly.

Now that I told you the story, I'm asking:
Is it normal that I have so many errors because of *.o files?
How can I solve it?


The phone: Allview X3 Soul (I heard it's a clone of Gionee S6)
Chipset: MT6753
Android version: 5.1


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aAdiRg
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment