Friday, July 29, 2016

A few pre-purchase questions about this phone

Hi,

I've been looking at buying this phone because my current one (Honor 5x) is a bit slow for my tastes but I just have a few questions.

1. If I buy the device from a Chinese vendor on AE/Ebay then will I need to use this guide to flash the global ROM to it. http://ift.tt/2aCs4rV
I'm quite content to flash it myself since my last experience with proper Chinese phones (Elephone P7000) wasn't exactly a positive one and I would prefer an official Xiaomi ROM over anything custom. I also wouldn't want a rooted or BL unlocked handset and in any case Xiaomi's BL unlock authorisation process sounds painful.

2. Does the official Global ROM have full support for Google apps, DRM protected content, banking apps etc?

3. Does the official Global ROM contain any left over Chinese or is it 100% localised? I recall that my Elephone retained a Chinese bootloader and using the recovery menu when I needed to was extremely difficult. I can read quite a lot of Japanese but I don't know any Chinese and whilst a lot of the characters are the same, many others don't exist in Japanese at all or carry a different meaning.

4. Can I use Google Now over the MIUI?

Thanks in advance.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2afbPNM
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment