Friday, July 29, 2016

[solved] Windows 10 MTP no longer working

My Surface Pro 4 with Win10x64 suddenly refuses to see my 5X in MTP mode. I installed ADB and drivers some time ago and everything was working. Now, however, I can only see the phone in device manager, explorer and ADB if I choose PTP. My PC with Win7x64 still works fine with the same cable and MTP/ADB.

The werid thing is that, in MTP mode, the Nexus doesn't even show up in device manager. Nothing at all, no unknown device, no Nexus, no ADB, no nothing.

Maybe a recent WinUpdate broke it, but since the device manager can't see the phone, I'm lost. Any ideas?

Update: I fixed it. The 5X was listed under "Marshall London Device->ADB...". Manually updating the driver did not work, it only threw up an error "not x64 compatible". However, after uninstalling this ADB device with "delete driver" checked, it started working again.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2afaNBq
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment