Sunday, April 3, 2016

TWRP nandroid backup restore problems

So I ended up smoking my old phone the other day when using it as a signal generator to test some amps on the bench. The battery was getting low so i plugged the charger into the laptop that I also had the osilliscope plugged into. - bad idea. ground loop fry.

Anyways i have my new phone here, rooted with TWRP installed. Stock kit kat via .kdz.
The problem I am having is the phone will not allow me to choose the backup I have of my old phone.
Just for curiosity I made a fresh backup of the other halfs phone, loaded it to the SD card and I get the same results.
It seems TWRP will not restore any backups unless it was a backup of that particular phone. Iv never had this issue before, I have to be doing something wrong.

I made a backup of the stock OS, then flashed a MM rom to it, got everything working and backed that up also.
Both the backups I made I can choose to restore. I notice each phone will make a new folder on the sd. So i moved the other backups to the folder that was made for this phone, but no luck there.


Any ideas WTF is going on anybody?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1RxoWKR
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment