Saturday, April 30, 2016

Xperia SP dead

...well, mostly.
Started crashing sometimes weeks ago, but dunno if that's related. A few days ago it crashed completely on me, backlight on but no response to anything (OFF button included). Came home, battery seemed to drain, charged up just fine.
The next day - died again, some funky artefacts on the screen first, then same as the previous day except no backlight. Fixed when I came home that day too, started taking it apart and the LED started blinking red (= dead battery). Charged up fine; cleaned up my ROM/kernel too, updated etc., minimal app setup.
Next day again, fine in the morning, then a few crashes aaand dead. Took it apart completely, found out that I get *some* LED response if I unplug the battery and press down onto the motherboard..:) Rebuilt it, booted up, crashed again. Seems to turn back on if I mess with it after a few hours, but battery charging is VERY slow (~50 percent in like 5 hours).
I'm going to try flashing stock when/if it comes back up, but I'm leaning towards hardware failure right now - either a damaged motherboard or bad battery.
Most likely getting a new phone anyway at this point, but I'd still be very thankful if anyone would know how to fix this and could share :)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Tc2T95
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment