Tuesday, April 5, 2016

[Q] Unable to activate USB transfer mode

Hi,

One of my family member is suddenly having a strange issue with my previous Samsung Galaxy Nexus S GT-I9023 (crespo) running CyanogenMod 11 (cm-11-20141112-SNAPSHOT-M12-crespo) :

When plugged into a computer, the "Activate USB transfer" notification (or whatever it's called in english) no longer shows (it had been working fine before).

Switching storage mode from UMS to MTP or PTP changes nothing.

The computer detects the phone (using dmesg and lsusb). adb shell works fine too and allows me to browse the phone's content.

If I boot to TWRP, I can mount the USB storage just fine.

I double checked on another computer (phone not detected either no USB notification either) and with another cable (same result). I also plugged another phone (different model though) and it worked fine, so the issue lies with the phone, and most probably the booted OS.

Reinstalling CyanogenMod with cache wipe (but not data) changes nothing.

The only thing I haven't tried so far is a full wipe/reinstall, which I'd like to avoid…

Anyone has an idea ?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1W9sUeA
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment