Tuesday, April 5, 2016

What is dying? Display or graphics chip?

Hello guys!

Background
___________________________________
I'm here to report a sad thing that is happening to me. I'll try to keep it short.

I bought my Zenfone 2 64/4 and got it by first days of october. It's one of the best and fastest phones I've ever used. I noticed the display came defective with the lower left corner a little dimmer than the rest of it, but I couldn't care less because increasing brightness would solve my problem. The bad part was on about december or january when I dropped my phone, I did drop it twice: it slipped from my hands the first time but it was a light fall of like 30 cm; and the second was from greater height and so intense it got scratches on the back cover and the frame, (the impact was on the case and it got no scratches, none at all, like ZERO) but the screen remained intact.

After that second fall, maybe a couple of weeks later, I started to notice a weird color "seeping" and some vertical lines. The screen tarted to look like a painting on a canvas which got splashed with water and the colors started to "fall" and merge with the ones below.

I've been living with my screen like that for like 4 months now and no problem at all, I was thinking about buying a new lcd replacement. But wanyway.... now for the important part.

Problem
________________________________________
Now, after I opened my phone and tried to "connect" the loose cables from the screen (after an impact, it's possible the cables to ge loose), noticed that the screen didn't get better and that problem was not going to disappear. After a failed attempt to repair it, I sealed the phone again and some days passed (like less than 4). Suddenly, I notice weird glitches on the screen and uninstalled CyanogenMod 13 and reverted back to ZenUI, since I though CM 13 was causing the graphic glitches. After restoring ZenUI, I notice the glitches are still present and it's driving me crazy. It only happens on a certain portion of the screen, the top of it is working correctly. Aaaaand, to feed my paranoia, I've seen picture on Google of dead graphics cards and those weird glitches are similar to mine :eek:

TL;DR
________________________________________
I am scared, I want the problem to be the screen and not the GPU; if it's the GPU (or CPU), I am screwed. This phone was supposed to be my girl's gift after I got an LG G4. Gonna upload a video later, so you can see the problem. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1qs1952
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment