Friday, April 1, 2016

Lost recovery but Rom OK?

I seemed to have lost my recovery but my phone is otherwise working.

I went from CM13 with TWRP, downloaded OS3 from the official oneplus web download as well as the "optional recovery" on the same page.
I wiped data/system/dalvik/cache and flashed the OS 3 zip.
I then flashed the stock recovery img.
Wiped again.
Rebooted to recovery from TWRP and got stuck with the oneplus logo. Completely non-responsive.
Fearing I had softbricked the phone, I started with ADB, got the Qualcom HUB listing under Device Manager and was about to start the process of updating Qualcom Drivers and running the recovery tool (having not been able to get fastboot to see the device) when a miracle happened and the phone started booting up on its own. After running setup, I rebooted, no problem.
I have since been able to use fastboot oem lock and confirmed the phone is locked (I wanted to get back to stock).
Everything is working fine EXCEPT I don't seem to have any Recovery at all. If I use the Developer Option for Advanced Recovery and boot into recovery, I get the oneplus logo. If I use Vol Down and Power I get the oneplus logo.
I think I have lost my recovery but recognise that I am out of my depth and don't want to stuff up the second chance I was given by trying to flash a recovery (I want stock receovery so I can get OTAs in the future). BTW, I read extensively before I tried this, looking at a number of different sites and followed instructions to the letter (or at least I thought so!).

Could someone who knows what to do please help to get my recovery back? It would be very much appreciated.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1SEUWvv
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment