Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Galaxy S5 & Encrypted 64GB SDCard - fail to mount

Hello

i have the Gold Galaxy S5 & a 64GB SDCard from Samsung.

The phone and SDCard are encrypted and have worked fine for a long while.

One day I tried accessing the files stored in the SDCard by connecting my S5 via USB 2 to my laptop (Ubuntu 15.10); and It failed to mount since.

I have created an image of the SDCard using 'dd' in Linux.
Therefore, I would rule out a hardware failure.
Furthermore, only once this card was mounted on this phone and I had a glimpse of my pictures, again it failed to copy anything out via USB.

Currently, when I put the SDCard into the phone it shows notifications saying:
... Preparing SD Card
... SD Card safe to remove

As I still have the phone encrypted - and I presume the encryption key are present.
Is there some way that I can copy the encryption key out of the phone? Use those to read the image of the SDCard?

The partition table of this SDCard does not appear to be correct - is it encrypted as well? Is this expected?

It is really annoying to have this happening when I was copying the data out of the phone as a backup ...

It would be really great to have my data back.
Your suggestion on how to solve this problem will be most welcome.
:D


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1qs1jtb
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment