Thursday, August 25, 2016

Help with troubleshooting - bootloop, calls restarting phone, wifi won't turn on

I've been having some problems with my Galaxy S5 recently after ~2 years and some change of owning it. I'm stock rooted on the original ANCG KitKat version.

The problem: If I power off my phone, it will cause it to go into a bootloop, not going past the first screen (Samsung Galaxy S5, powered by android). I haven't found a reliable way to fix it from the loop, but I usually just remove the battery, wait, and try again until somehow it just works and boots up. This is extremely problematic because sometimes my battery runs out and after charging I'll have to go through this game of chance again until my phone works.

The next problem also adds to this frustration as well. When I attempt to pick up a call, my phone will sometimes just not work and restart itself. This leads to lots of confusion and I can't call them back for some time because the phone is stuck in a bootloop.

In the few times that I do get my phone to actually boot up, everything works fine except sometimes my Wifi just doesn't work. It gets stuck on "turning on" where the notification drawer quick setting icon is dim green and never gets to the turned on full green state, eventually just turning itself off (no green color).

I haven't done a factory reset or any real troubleshooting yet, as I'm a bit worried I won't even be able to boot up the phone and I don't have the time yet to spend a full day fixing it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bmeZ16
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment