Saturday, August 27, 2016

Can lag and performance issues be attributable to Google settings and/or app restore?

I usually setup my new phones as new since it's a way to make sure I only install apps I really need, but the first time I setup my Galaxy Note 7 I decided to restore my Google settings and then later restore apps from my flawless Galaxy S7 Edge. I then noticed inconsistent performance issues and was ready to send my Note 7 back.

I decided to complete a full hard reset and try again before returning it and this time chose to NOT restore Google settings and to later in the process NOT restore any apps. After about four days, I am still seeing my Note 7 perform nearly flawlessly.

Was it the reset that cleaned things up or is choosing to restore either Google settings or apps contributing to the lag and performance issues? I'm wondering if you still have lag and performance issues with a full and clean reset and setup?

Appreciate your feedback as I try to make a decision on this Note 7 and possible issues.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2c4qtLp
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment