Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Phone Stuck in Bootloop After Dead Battery

So a bit of background. I was running unlocked the latest stock 6.0.1 without root or custom kernels etc.

Last night I noticed my battery indicator was orange but my phone never entered battery saver. Went into battery saver to turn it back on; the toggle didn't work. I figure that's weird, but a reboot should fix it. I attempt reboot my device. It has been stuck in a bootloop since (at the dots animation). After giving up on it, I left it to charge overnight off (just incase it was some weird low battery thing). Try again this morning and still no luck.

Troubleshooting
  • Booted into stock recovery; wiped cache. No luck.
  • I snagged the latest images from Google and flashed boot and system. No luck.
  • I booted into stock recovery; wiped cache. No luck.
  • Downloaded TWRP and used the 'boot' command to boot into it without flashing. Used that to backup the contents of my internal storage.
    Booted back into stock recovery. Did a factory rest and wiped cache. No luck.
  • I flashed the full image (radio, bootloader, boot, system, userdata, cache, recovery). No Luck.
  • Booted into stock recovery; wiped cache. No luck.
  • Booted into stock recovery. Did a factory rest and wiped cache. No luck.
  • I flashed the full image (radio, bootloader, boot, system, userdata, cache, recovery)(thinking maybe I missed an image last time). No Luck.

I always gave it at least 5 minutes (once as long as 40 minutes) of booting before moving on to the next step. As you can see, I'm long past trying to preserve anything, I just want a useable phone again.

Edit: also weird. I can only turn the phone off via bootloader > power off. Holding the power button always causes a reboot instead of a power off.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1W9t2e6
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment