Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Nexus 6 Wi-Fi Hotspot speed very slow

Hello. I have a bit of a problem, annoyance really, with a Nexus 6 on T-Mobile. I have an unlimited plan and have been using the native hotspot from day 1 (with the tether_dun_required=0 and net.tethering.noprovisioning=true tweaks, just to be sure). Since yesterday, I've been having awful speeds with it. Less than 20 KB, that's obviously unusable. I've reset network and phone, reinstall CM, edited APNs, even put the sim card in a different phone with 5.1.1, same problem. Must be artificially throttled. I just want to know how to prevent it from happening again (which I'm still baffled it even happened in the first place since the data should be coming up as from the phone) and/or fixing it. Data on the Phone is normal. The weirdest thing is that when I connect my other phone to the hotspot it has normal speeds. Right now I'm using PDAnet+, it has the original speeds as when it was normal (sometimes more since it's usb), but I want wi-fi since having my phone constantly on my PC is not good. I walk around the house and don't want to be disconnected just to talk to someone on the phone while I have to cook or just leave the room. Any suggestions? I'll be more than happy to answer your questions. Just let me know.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/243NXW2
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment