Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Massive wake lock and battery drain

Hi guys,

I have been having an issue with my Motorola X Play (UK Single Sim) I have only owned it for a few months from new.... The battery is draining fast and I can see in the battery stats that it's not sleeping, otherwise the battery usage page shows nothing of interest, apart from perhaps Mobile Standby which is quite high, above the screen but the signal bar is all green...

I rooted my phone to better find out what was causing these issues, otherwise stock Marshmallow. Unfortunately Motorola now are not interested as they say my phone is rooted and now has no warranty - useless idiots!

Using GS Sam battery monitor (rooted) I can see that the following is keeping the phone awake, no other app is.

48.3% of battery consumed by Kernel (Android OS)
Keep awake over 2 hours
CPU usage 59m 53s
Number of Wake Locks: 1
Byes sent: 246.21KB
Bytes Received: 5.70MB
App UID: 0

Wakelock Detail:
Google_C2DM 0.0s (1)

I have tried safe mode but it appears to be the same, I have hardly any apps installed apart from Facebook and Facebook messenger and I have even tried it without them...

I have tried turning off/on WiFi / Location / GPS is now disabled. WiFi Scanning is off. Restarts make no difference... I have even done a factory reset about a month ago.

Any ideas, this phone is having the same battery life or less than my Nexus 5 which had a much smaller battery...

Many thanks


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1PRKix0
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment