Thursday, April 28, 2016

[HELP] How to unlock network on Xperia Z5 Compact without code

Hello everyone. Total android noob here, just switched from a Blackberry Q10 to a Sony Zperia Z5 Compact (or at least I am in the process of switching).

So I bought the Z5c from ebay a couple weeks for a great price in like new condition and the phone is locked to O2. I did unlock phones in the past using codes, so I placed and order and received unlock codes for my device, but this one will not work via this process.

Can anyone please tell me how can I unlock the network on my device? Do I need to unlock the bootloader to do this? Is there any rooting involved and losing the DRM keys and functionality in the process as well as warranty? I still have warranty until December 2017 so I'd rather not tamper with any firmware. If no easy and safe way of unlocking is available, I'll probably just sell it and buy a factory unlocked unit, if there even is such a thing...

Thanks and please excuse the total noobness :)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1rluw9q
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment